Thursday, January 5, 2012

Here goes nothing... 30 Day Photo Challenge!

OK Sami (samigaglio.blogspot.com) you got me. I am going to participate in the 30 day photo challenge! One of my new year resolutions was to blog more often in hopes that when it's time for me to leave for South Africa (yes I am going to South Africa, but that is a whole different story) I will be blogging frequently and be able to blog about my journey while traveling across the world! 

OK quick summary about my South Africa journey- I will be leaving March 17th (the day after my 22nd birthday, ah!) to travel to South Africa with 18 other Grand Valley students to teach and travel for 6 weeks. It's a program where we are able to student teach for a few weeks and travel/explore for a few weeks during the last portion of our student assisting semester.

If you would have asked me a year ago if I would be going on this trip I would have told you no way...but as the application date got closer and closer I realized that I need to do something big, something great and take a leap of a faith and enjoy the ride. I am SO excited for this journey; I cannot wait to learn about the culture, people, teaching, and even more about myself. 

Ok, so for the 30 day challenge. Today is a self portrait... 

Today is a self portrait... while looking for a picture of me all by myself (which is hard to find by the way...) I came across my senior picture...


Okay, I found a more current one too.


No comments:

Post a Comment